Archive | Troubleshooting DirectAccess RSS feed for this archive

Troubleshooting tips for DirectAccess

Getting IP-HTTPS error code 0x643?

We’ve had a couple reports of visitors to this site hitting IP-HTTPS error code 0x643 so I’m going to devote this article to the cause and resolution today. If your client is trying to connect using IP-HTTPS, you will encounter this error code if the IP-HTTPS adapter on your DirectAccess client/server has been disabled. As […]

Getting IP-HTTPS error code 0x80090326?

Good morning fellow DirectAcess admins! On a recent customer visit we ran across an IP-HTTPS error code that was new for me. After doing some searches out on the Internet, it looks like this one isn’t well documented so I wanted to share out the findings. The error code in question we discovered was 0x80090326. […]

Getting IP-HTTPS error code 0x34?

I’ve had a few reports recently from some visitors about IP-HTTPS error code 0x34 on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 systems. As reference, you can run the following command on your DirectAccess client to check the state of the IP-HTTPS adapter : netsh int https show int You will get an output that will show […]

Getting IP-HTTPS error code 0x32?

Good Afternoon! So after encountering this error a couple of times myself and just recently having a poster report this issue, I’m going to be covering the cause for IP-HTTPS error code 0x32. Luckily this is a pretty simple one so I’ll keep it short today! If your client is trying to connect using IP-HTTPS, […]

WinRM client errors in Remote Access console

Good afternoon DirectAccess admins! Today’s posting is going to go over a recent error I’ve seen with a customer that took some time to work through.  I appreciate the customer from California for being so patient working through this error! I was working to setup a new DirectAccess install for a customer.  We went through […]

DirectAccess Client Troubleshooting tool!

Exciting news for today!  Some of my colleagues who work a lot with DirectAccess have released a new public DirectAccess Client Troubleshooting Tool.  This works on Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 DirectAccess client machines.  If you plan to install this on a Windows 7 client, be sure you also install the .NET framework 4.0 as […]

DirectAccess Client Troubleshooting Guide

Welcome back!  So a common request from many people working with DirectAccess is a nice step-by-step guide you can follow to troubleshoot DirectAccess client connectivity issues.  I’ve worked with quite a few customers over the years doing DirectAccess installs and have done my fair share of troubleshooting connectivity issues.  The guide I’ve presented below covers […]

NRPT hotfix for Windows 7, 8, 2008 R2, and 2012

Hi again fellow DirectAccess admins!  This week I wanted to let everyone know about a recent hotfix we’ve published to correct an issue that some of you might hit in a large DirectAccess configuration.  The Name Resolution Policy Table (NRPT) is a pivotal function included in the Windows 7 and 2008 R2 onwards that provides […]

New hotfix for Remote Assistance with Windows 7 DirectAccess clients!

I’m happy to announce we have just released a new hotfix specifically for Remote Assistance on Windows 7 DirectAccess clients!  I’ve actually encountered this issue with a few DirectAccess deployments and some of you have dropped comments asking about a solution. The core of the issue is that Remote Assistance in Windows 7 would only […]

Errors with Outlook and DirectAccess forced tunneling

Today’s topic we are going to cover a new Outlook error message I discovered today working with a DirectAccess client specially using forced tunneling. Earlier this week I helped get a client setup using DirectAccess and due to security reasons, they had to configure their DirectAccess clients using forced tunneling.  With this configuration, all traffic […]